If you forgot your Wi-Fi network password, you can find it if you have another Windows PC already connected to your Wi-Fi network. This is great for the frequent traveller as some people you visit may not know their network password or maybe your computer remembers the password but you have to reset the data on your phone.
Here is an easy step by step to figure out the wifi password.
After you find your password, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- On a Windows PC that’s connected to your Wi-Fi network, do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC:
- On Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- On Windows 8.1 or 7, search for Network and, then select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
- In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select the Wi-Fi network name.
- In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties.
- In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box.
Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
On another Windows PC or other device, connect to Wi-Fi as you normally would, and enter your Wi-Fi password when prompted.