World’s Largest Dinosaur – Drumheller, AB
“The World’s Largest Dinosaur” is located in the heart of Drumheller. 106 steps to the top of this gigantic structure made of fiberglass and steel. The Tyrannosaurus Rex stands 86 ft (26.3 m) tall! and from Tooth to Tail spreads a staggering 151 ft! (46 m)
We scaled all the way to the top with our family of three
– Just a note: There is no elevators. So if you can’t do stairs very well i would recommend taking your time or skipping this gal….
BUT The view is AWESOME! The mouth can hold up to 8-12 people at once.
- 86 ft (25 meters) tall
- 106 stairs to climb to the top
- 12 People can fit in the mouth at a time
- 4.5 times bigger than a real T-Rex
- 151 feet (meters) long
- 65 tonnes (145,000 lbs) in weight
- She’s a female
- She cost $1,065,000.00 to build
You can find out all the details here: https://worldslargestdinosaur.com
There is a lot to do in the area, the aquatics centre is right beside but currently CLOSED (COVID-19) but lots of things to walk and see downtown Drumheller.
- Spray Park was OPEN around the World’s Largest Dinosaur.
- Spot the brightly painted dinosaurs statues around every corner (similar to Calgary’s Cows statues)
- Smaller Fossil World Across the street.