Integrate Google Workspace to Outlook: Transfer Tool
Download, sign in, and import
1. Download and install GWSMO
Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook Next: 2. Sign in to your Google Account
This article is for Google Workspace users. To begin administering GWSMO, go to GWSMO Admin Help.
Installing Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) also installs Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO), which lets you migrate your Outlook data to your new Google Account. We recommend using this migration product if you want to stop using Outlook entirely.
Before you begin
- If you haven’t already, sign in to your Google Account to accept Google’s Terms and Conditions.
- Make sure that you install GWSMO on the computer where you use Outlook.
- Before you install GWSMO, make sure Outlook is not running.
Option 1: I’m downloading and installing GWSMO myself
- Review these system requirements for your computer.Before continuing with the installation, install any updates to your version of Outlook or Windows.
- Go to the GWSMO download page and click Download GWSMO.
- To install GWSMO, open the installer and follow the instructions.
Sign in to your Google Account.
Option 2: My admin downloaded GWSMO to my computer
Install GWSMO based on your version of Windows:
- Windows 7 and up—From the Start menu, click Microsoft System CenterSoftware CenterApplicationsGoogle Workspace SyncInstall.For more information on Software Center, consult your Microsoft documentation.
- Earlier versions of Windows—In Control Panel, click Run Advertised ProgramsGoogle Workspace SyncRun.
Option 3: My admin installed GWSMO
From the Start menu, click Set up a Google Workspace Sync user.
2. Sign in to your Google Account
Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft OutlookNext: 3. Import your data
Let’s make sure you’re in the right place. This article is for users setting up Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) so they can synchronize their Google Account with Outlook. For help signing in to your email@example.com account, ask an administrator at mediawizardstudios.ca. Who is my administrator? Note that GWSMO does not work with your personal (@gmail.com) account.
After you install Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO), you’re prompted to sign in with the Google Account you use for work or school, like firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign in:
- Enter the email address for your Google Account and click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- Click Allow to provide GWSMO access to your Google Account.
Next, you can create a Google Workspace profile to import your data (optional), or skip ahead to Start using Outlook.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.
3. Import your data
Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft OutlookNext: 4. Start using Outlook
With Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO), you can import your Outlook data to your Google Account from the following source environments:
- an existing Outlook profile
- a Microsoft Exchange profile (if you’re using Exchange)
- a PST file containing data exported from Outlook
Option 1: I’m ready to import data now
- In the Set Up Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook box, check the Import data from an existing profile box. Then, select an option:
- An existing Outlook profile (default).
- If your Exchange profile is listed, select the profile name to import directly from Exchange.
- If you’ve exported your data from Outlook to a PST file, select From a PST file. Browse to the file on your computer.
- Check the boxes to specify what type of data to import. For details, go to What’s synchronized between Outlook and Google Workspace?
- (Optional) Check the Send crash reports and usage statistics to Google box. For details about what information is sent, go to Send usage and crash reports.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Check the Turn AutoArchive off box to keep a copy of all your archived messages.Now, your archived messages will go to a new Archived folder that is synced with your Google Account.
- Click Create profile.
Option 2: I’m not ready to import data now
If you don’t want to import data now, skip ahead to Start using Outlook. You can Import your Outlook data later when you’re ready.
Option 3: I have already imported data
If you’ve already imported data into your Google Account, do not re-import the same data. You might end up with duplicate calendar events, contacts, or notes. Go to Start using Outlook.